Sunday 1 July 2012

Four months and counting

Today is July 1. Each morning brings us a day closer to the day we take off on our big adventure. So I'm beginning to get a little anxious about all the things we need to do between now and then.

The biggest thing I need to do is to de-clutter our home and pack it all into boxes. It's a daunting prospect and although I get flurries of high energy and motivation, they are only flurries and not easily sustained. Last week I took a few shopping bags to the op shop and put lots in the bin.  But it feels like I need to be doing that for a couple of weeks on end to make a dent into our enormous pile of clutter. 

I imagine the hardest things be going through all the paperwork we have in various piles and deciding what to do with it - and filing it!

The biggest barrier is my own mental attitude about it all - I think I'm making this bigger than it needs to be and when I get stuck in, it won't be that hard or that long at all...I hope.

It's time for me to put away the maps and brochures and stopping planning our trip and start packing for our trip!  My new mantra, I think.




No comments:

Post a Comment